Website Development Projects - What to expect
What you should expect from us:
- Expect us to ask you a lot of questions. It is important that we understand not only your goals but your business as well.
- We will create a project spec sheet that shares with you what the site will encompass; design, features, number of pages & types, emails, etc.
- Know that we will make comments as we review your plan and content. We want you to succeed. Our goal is for you to have a great site. Please, remember this.
- You may not always like our comments or suggestions. That’s OK. You don't have to take them.
- You can expect us to post your site in a private area while we develop it so that you may review it on a regular basis. Please do.
- We will be upfront with you if your design needs are such that we either need to bring in additional resources or even suggest you move the project elsewhere.
- We understand SEO very well. We want your site to do well. We will undertake to make your website search engine compliant and implement proper SEO throughout.
- Expect us to work closely with you on copy writing for your site. This means you may be asked to rewrite things in certain ways, create new content, even bring in a professional copywriter to spruce things up. This is all done with an eye to your success.
- We will set up a Google Analytics account for you so that you may view your website's performance 24/7/365
- We will submit your website to the top search engines, Google, Yahoo, Bing.
- We will return calls and emails promptly and courteously.
What we expect from you:
- Be clear and concise with your goals.
- Be realistic with your expectations.
- Get your content in on time.
Things to remember:
- Be prepared to discuss the project in detail. We don't read minds.
- SEO ranking factors use the Rule-of-Thirds. 1/3 of a ranking is due to website design (that’s us). 2/3 is content and back links (that’s you).
- Get your content in on time. We can't build it if you don't give it to us.
- Building a great website is a team effort. Please, don't start the game if you aren't ready to play.